Offshore Development Centre is required for Software development?
The offshore development centres are popular as they lower the operating costs and raise productivity by leveraging talent offshore. A software development workplace is initiated in a country which has a big pool of highly competent & affordable software resources. They offer services to the company located around the globe at comparatively cheaper rates.
The development centre provides all kinds of specialists including but not limited to programmers & testers, designers, project managers, copywriters, solution architect etc.
According to Statista, the global outsourcing market size has increased in 2017 amounting to 88.9 billion US dollars as compared to last few years. Outsourcing segments within the global industry includes business services, IT, healthcare, etc.
Tools an offshore developer uses to render services
An offshore development company outspreads its hand to various businesses to multiply their revenue and for full utilization of its resources. With continuous changing technology and working on different time zones, it’s important for offshore resources to have tools which will help them in delivering to their clients.
Engaging offshore development has its own benefits which include the following:
- Reduces the cost: Reducing the salary is a common concern for companies to go for offshore development centres. By paying high is difficult to maintain an in-house team with an expertise in the latest technologies. By offshoring your business, you don’t have to spend time on recruiting, hiring & training employees.
- Attracting talented resources: With an offshore development, you can avail talented and skilled resources. They are highly qualified professionals following international standards & quality. It provides you with inexpensive resources and you need not to invest in training which could take young professionals to become productive.
- Helps in focussing on the main part of the business: If you choose Offshore Development, it gives an opportunity to concentrate and strengthen the core business development process. Whenever there is a growth in business, the company needs to take projects into the field it is not related to. For instance, if a financial firm is looking at IT solutions. It is difficult for them to appoint an in-house team. Therefore, offshore development can help the financial firm to concentrate on its core business without worrying about the outsourced project.
- Minimum investment on infrastructure: Building new products requires upgraded technology and infrastructure. Usually, companies find it hard to invest their time & money in building up the infrastructure. Therefore, companies can outsource the technology & infrastructure to meet the requirements. This will boost the company’s business and can develop a dynamic product for its clients.
- Saves time with faster solutions & multitasking: Companies need to appoint a dedicated team for developing a product as it requires a lot of time. Therefore, offshore development centre can provide a dedicated team when qualified people are working on around-the-clock. Hence, it saves time and money. This will help the company to manage and solve real-time in-house problems, rather than filling the gaps in the team. An external team can offer innovations & creativity at each stage of the business cycle.
Offshore development practices help in achieving goals
- Build a small instead of a large team: The smaller the team size, the better is the visibility and communication which leads to effective results. It is advised to build a small & skilled team instead of a large team of developers.
- Setup daily meetings through audio & video calls: Regular communication between the onshore and offshore team leads in meeting project goals. Every issue can be addressed timely and efficiently with the use of such tools.
- Use appropriate tracking tools: It is important to plan, track, and release quality software to meet the needs of your business. Software development tracking tools like Jira enable you to efficiently plan tasks, distribute them evenly, and prioritize work accordingly.
Offshore development was started in 1985 when Texas instruments had set its office in Bangalore. It provides access to world-class professionals and ensures an end to end solution that includes consultancy, maintenance, analysis and development. Ultimately, results in boosting the growth of your business.