Increasing usage of mobile phone and tablets has resulted in the vigorous increase in usage of internet through mobile and many of the websites are now-a-days releasing their mobile versions. Yet many businesses have been slow to get down to a mobile friendly website, but it is expected that they shall be working on this trend soon.
Mobile Internet usage: Top Trends
We all love staying connected in work and personal life with our peers and family members. With the mobile internet it is very much possible to be in touch and share ideas with your peers when you are off work or spending time with your family. You still have that ease to complete the responsibilities as you are connected to your work through your portable devices.
The mobile and tablets are not the devices used by the people who work and can’t get rid of their responsibilities, rather it has become a necessity for all of us, starting form kids to the grandparents! Kids, who can’t take their tablets out, take their smart-phones and stay connected to their family. Grand-parents, who can’t go outside much have the hotspot at home and share their moments using internet.
Why a Mobile friendly website?
Now, this can be answered by demonstrating some statistics collected through several researches being done across the globe and some of the findings of these researches we have compiled here:
- In the year 2013, survey of the retailers, it was found that more than 30% of the retailers quoted that 20% of their traffic was from the cellular devices and mobile applications.
- According to another research done by CNN it was found that U.S. mobile Web usage has doubled since year 2009.
- The smart-phones and tablets have doubled in last three years.
- Every second phone is a smart-phone, as per the survey done by PRC.
- 40% of the smart-phone users do their online transactions through mobile browsing only.
These points are enough to justify the increased usage of cellular devices for internet usage, and the amount of increase it has derived. This can be an alarm for several websites owners by now, to have their website ready for the cellular devices or to make applications for their businesses.
Mobile friendly Website, a costly affair?
A couple of years before, mobile friendly sites were thought of a luxury and were not affordable for any and every businesses. And then the responsive design came into existence which completely changed the scenario of Mobile friendly Websites.
The Responsive web design enables the web-developers to utilize the screen of the devices and allows the website to adapt a layout without taking off a lot of web-content present on it.
Mobile friendly Website was once considered to be a serious costly affair, which now has turned up as a part of any standard website design project. Businesses now need not to create two different websites and incur extra cost in designing them, rather using the responsive web design and have one single website that fits according to the devices being used to accelerate the websites.
Some notable advantages of Responsive web design
- The responsive design enables the websites to capture more traffic for the websites.
- It also enables the website to gain higher ranks and high search traffic as well.
- The responsive design ignores plagiarized content
It also leverages the online sales revenue.
- It saves a lot of time in designing and maintenance as you only create on website compatible to all devices.
- It improvises the bounce ratio as it reduces the frustration of the mobile user.
- The responsive design costs low in compare to two websites for different devices (desktop and mobile devices).
Google Recommends Responsive Design
Google strongly recommends the webmasters; follow the best practices of using the responsive design serving the same HTML for almost every device. According to Google the responsive web designs keep the desktop and mobile content on a single URL which makes the interaction and sharing the links easier. It becomes easier for Google’s algorithms also in order to index the properties to the content on your website.
Google also offers a tool for you to check if your website is mobile friendly. Go to the following URL:
We look forward to your feedback and would certainly like to understand your thoughts on responsiveness of the website to attract more visitors and justify your products and services without being dependent on the device the user is on.