Outsourcing can be a real nightmare if it fails, as it’s not a guaranteed business arrangement. If it hits off, it can do wonders for you. Techtic has been working as a technology outsourcing partner for many global clients for over a period now. We understand the pains and challenges of outsourcing.
So we have developed below given codes to make outsourcing easy and beneficial for our clients.
Understand the requirement
Clients have specific set of requirements that they wish us to accomplish. If we do not understand them we won’t be able to deliver. So basically we have to carefully listen to them and envision their expectations of the final product.
- Document initial client conversations
- Identify real business needs
- Classify needs based on their priorities
- Share classification with client and development team
Perform Feasibility Checks
Never commit to what you can’t deliver. Learn to say “No” if you feel that you cannot deliver. Perform extensive analysis on client’s requirements. Check for:
- Technical environment feasibility
- Operating system feasibility
- Scope for enhancement in existing application
- Budgetary limitations
Development Process made simple
At many companies the requirement gathering and analysis part goes fine. But things start going erratic during development stage due to lack of consistency; standardized your development process.
- Divide project into phases.
- Establish milestones.
- Authority to monitor progress and compliance with best practices.
- Daily reporting.
Never compromise on quality. Clients deserve the best. So work hard to deliver best of quality that matches their expectations.
- Test the application
- Evaluate process flow and final outcome
- Check compliance with quality standards
- Offer technical support post delivery
Protect Intellectual Property
Loss of intellectual property or critical business info is always looked up as a threat of outsourcing. Take steps to assure your clients that their business info and digital assets are secure and unsolicited.
- Information security policy
- Have an NDA in place
- Confidentiality contracts for employees
- Handover of source code on project closure
Half the problems in outsourcing arrangements arise due to ambiguous communications. Make a conscious effort to keep your communications simple and clear to avoid these problems.
- Competent people trained in soft skills
- Employees trained to bridge cultural gaps
- Periodic sessions to brush up employee communication skills
- Use different means of communication
If the above mentioned codes are followed with due diligence in offshore development projects, people won’t just see you as an outsourcing company.